So, you’ve hired a firm to develop your website. You’re confident in the design and feel it accurately depicts your brand. Two to three years later and the look hasn’t changed. Why is this a problem?
According to researchers at Stanford University:
- 75% of internet users admit to making judgments about a company’s credibility based on their website’s design
- 94% of a website user’s first impressions are design-related
- 85% of B2B customers search the web before making a purchase
Separate studies have also shown that it takes an average of 40 milliseconds for visitors to form an opinion about your website.
That leaves you with only a tiny fraction of a single second to make an impression on potential new clients.
Be honest and ask yourself a few questions:
IS MY WEBSITE MOBILE-FRIENDLY?
As of 2015, more than half of internet traffic in Canada is linked to a phone or tablet device. In the United States, mobile devices already account for more than 60% of internet traffic so it’s safe to expect to see this trend rising globally. User experience is make or break when it comes to business so it is extremely important to have a website properly optimized for mobile traffic.
IS MY WEBSITE STILL INCORPORATING FLASH?
Flash is all but dead. iPhones, iPads, and iPods no longer support it whatsoever. Android operating systems used to be delivered to consumers with a native Flash application, but these days, newer devices require a manual install. The same can be said for all desktops. Another negative is that the major search engines are unable to read Flash which means your SEO efforts suffer dramatically. Your best bet is to encode your website in HTML5 as it has the automatic benefit of being compatible with all browers and smartphones.
IS MY WEBSITE FAST?
Do you suffer from long load times? Here’s some food for thought courtesy of KISSmetrics:
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less
- 40% abandon websites that take more than 3 seconds to load
- 79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to buy from the same site again
- As little as ONE second of delay decreases customer satisfaction by about 16% – every second counts!
- 44% of online shoppers will tell their friends about a bad experience online
- 52% of online shoppers state that quick page loading is important to their site loyalty
IS MY WEBSITE A CURRENT REPRESENTATION OF MY BRAND?
As business evolves, so do our strategies and your website may no longer be an accurate portrayal of where your mission stands today. Is the look and feel of your website still relevant to your target audience? Have your services and offerings expanded since your last redesign? Does the copyright year in your footer state any year other than 2015? If your website has become outdated, chances are high that your customer base will view your entire business as one that has fallen behind the times.
IS MY WEBSITE EASY TO UPDATE?
In the past, updating your website could be a major headache. Without an understanding of code, even the simplest of updates would require the assistance of a web developer. Content management systems (CMS), however, have grown quite advanced over the past several years. A website redesign implementing a CMS makes it easy for your team to keep content fresh and stay on top of ongoing marketing efforts.
Here at Logikal Code, we will modernize your digital presence with a custom-built website designed to meet your exact specifications.
Contact us today!